Monday, February 07, 2005
On this day:

 
To have a voice
Matthew Baldwin wrote of his sentiments on the State of the Union address..
"I used to write about politics fairly often on this site. And then a funny thing happened: Bush got re-elected. Please note that, by 'funny,' I don't mean funny 'hah hah' or funny 'strange,' but funny 'GODDAMMIT WTF??!!!'"...read more
He does a better job than I would have if I were to write about it. And yes, I feel a little burned out by the political process and the election itself. I have been tuning out news and have entertain thoughts of moving to Canada. David Suzuki pleads with us environmental progressive thinkers to stay here in United States to keep the politicians in-line.

Which Matthew also wrote a post on:
Of course, the most compelling reason for progressives to be optimist is simply this: they have no choice. If progressivism has any defining feature, it's that its proponents have the imagination to envision a better nation and the courage to work towards it. And in this race, rejecting the Republican's campaign of fear and smear and instead rallying behind a guy trying to unseat an incumbent president in the middle of a war was an act of optimism unparalleled in recent political history.

Oh, and one last thing. A lot of progressives are joking about "moving to Canada" -- myself included . But if you're one of those folks who insists that they are really, really considering it, please: do us all a favor and go. The Republicans will be happy to see you leave, and the rest of us don't really need you hanging around and reinforcing the stereotype that liberals (a) are so unpatriotic that they will ditch their nation in a time of need, and (b) feel entitled to the benefits of a government (like, Canada's) without having to work for it. If you're "totally serious" about moving this time, then pack up and head for the border, compadre. Otherwise, dig in your heels, roll up your sleeves, gird your loins and get ready to fight, like the rest of us intend to do... read more
I'm taking a serious step to contribute my two-cents tomorrow. I'm taking my citizenship test Monday. Wish me luck. Look out, politicians, one more voice is going to be heard!


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
Gloria Chen Nickname: Turtle
Location:

My mood when I posted

The current mood of gloturtle at www.imood.com



Currectly Reading

  • Cost of the War in Iraq
  • (JavaScript Error)

    Archives

    Guest

    This page is powered by Blogger.

    Listed on BlogShares